Treadmill Review & Prices in Nigeria
Exercise can feel like a chore. And inclement weather, or having to travel to the gym, can derail your best intentions. But there’s a way to make working out more convenient without leaving home—starting with a treadmill. A treadmill is a device generally for walking, running or climbing while staying in the same place. I’m glad it is what it is today because, the treadmills that were introduced before the development of powered machines were not cool at all.
Using the treadmill, rather than the user powering the mill, the machine provides a moving platform with a wide conveyor belt driven by an electric motor or a flywheel. The belt moves to the rear, requiring the user to walk or run at a speed matching that of the belt. The rate at which the belt moves is the rate of walking or running.
Thus, the speed of running may be controlled and measured. The more expensive, heavy-duty versions are motor-driven (usually by an electric motor). The simpler, lighter, and less expensive versions passively resist the motion, moving only when walkers push the belt with their feet. The latter are known as manual treadmills. In this article, we will consider the prices of the known and in-demand treadmills in Nigeria.
Prices Of Treadmills in Nigeria
With the world paying close attention to healthy living and exercise at the moment, The popularity and sale of treadmills has increased to an extent. Listed below are some of the known treadmill brands and how much there are being sold for in the market place :
- Nashua 3.5 HP Treadmill with TV, WIFI, Android OS, & Music JX-298DE — (NGN) 650,000 naira
- Nashua 2.5 HP Treadmill with Massage, Music, Twister JX-662SD —- (NGN) 200,000 naira
- Nordic Track T10.0 Treadmill — 3CHP (4.5HP) Motor with Tablet Holder —- (NGN) 600,000 naira
- Sole S9800 Commercial Treadmill — (NGN) 2million naira — (NGN) 2.2million naira
- Sole F85 Sole Treadmill (2016 model) — (NGN) 900,000 naira — (NGN) 1million naira
- Sole S9900 Commercial Treadmill — (NGN) 2.1million naira —- (NGN) 2.3million naira
- HouseFit 2 HP Motorized Treadmill 110 Kg — (NGN) 160,000 naira — (NGN) 200,000 naira
- HouseFit 2.5 HP Motorized Treadmill 110 Kg — (NGN) 160,000 naira — (NGN) 200,000 naira
- HouseFit 4 HP Motorized Treadmill 150Kg — (NGN) 520,000 naira — (NGN) 580,000 naira
- HouseFit 7 HP Commercial Treadmill — (NGN) 1million naira — (NGN) 1.3million naira
Body Fit Treadmills
- Body Fit Treadmill 2 HP with Massager & Dumbbell —– (NGN) 160,000 naira
- Body Fit Treadmill 2.5 HP with Massager & Dumbbell —- (NGN) 180,000 naira
- Body Fit Home Use Treadmill 1.5 HP — (NGN) 159,000 naira
- Body Fit Manual Magnetic Treadmill with Massager — (NGN) 100,000 naira
- Body Fit 3 HP Treadmill with Massager, Mp3, incline With 3d screen — (NGN) 200,000 naira
- Body Fit Treadmill 3.5 HP With Massager & Dumbbell — (NGN) 240,000 naira — (NGN) 300,000 naira
American Fitness Treadmills
- American Fitness 2 HP Treadmill with Massager, Dumbbells, USB Sit ups & Mp3 — (NGN) 150,000 naira
- American Fitness 2.5 HP Treadmill with Massager, Dumbbells, USB Sit ups & Mp3 — (NGN) 170,000 naira
- American Fitness 2.5 HP Treadmill without Massager — (NGN) 140,000naira — (NGN) 160,000naira
- American Fitness 3 HP Treadmill with Massager, Dumbbells, USB Sit ups & Mp3 — (NGN) 200,000 naira — (NGN) 330,000 naira
- American Fitness Commercial 4 HP Treadmill with Massager, Dumbbells, USB Sit ups & Mp3 — (NGN) 500,000 naira — (NGN) 700,000 naira
Choosing The Right Treadmill
Try It Before You Buy It
It’s essential to try out a treadmill in person. Here’s our try-before-you-buy checklist:
- Does the cushioning and shock absorption of the running deck feel comfortable?
- When you walk or run, do your feet hit the motor housing?
- Can you easily straddle the deck when standing on the side rails?
- Is the display monitor easy to read?
- Are the controls easy to reach and operate?
Four Factors to Keep in Mind
- Size : Most treadmills have a similar footprint, on average 77 inches long by 35 inches wide. A folding treadmill will be half its length when stored. You’ll need adequate empty space around the treadmill for access and safety.
- Ergonomics: If you’re a runner, you will need a deck length that accommodates your stride. Consider how comfortable you are on the machine while walking or running. Choose a model that appeals to you ergonomically and aesthetically.
- High-tech features: Docks for iPods, USB ports, and wireless Internet connectivity are standard features on many treadmills.
- Adjustability: Most treadmills have top speeds between 10 and 12 mph; some will go faster. They typically incline between a 10 and 15 percent grade, but some offer an increased gradient.
Other Purchase Considerations
Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, here are some other things to consider before making the purchase.
Weight and assembly: Treadmills are heavy, so ask about delivery. Check whether assembly, tricky even for experienced DIYers, is included or available at an additional cost.
Warranties: When it comes to the warranty, look for three to seven years of coverage on parts, and at least one year on labor. Most treadmills have a lifetime warranty on the frame, and you should get that for the motor as well.
Returns : And what about returns? Confirm the store’s return policy. Even if they will take back the treadmill, you might have to pay for the store to retrieve it, as well as for restocking fees. If you purchase online, find out how return shipping is handled.