The Ultimate Guide To Email Marketing for Your Dropshipping Business In Nigeria
Is email marketing Good for dropshipping?
Dropshipping email marketing is also a way to find out what your customers want, which in turn give an idea on what to order as your dropshipping items. Besides, email marketing is a zero-to-low cost medium and can prove itself to be even more effective than dropshipping advertising.
How can I promote my dropshipping business?
12 Essential Dropshipping Marketing Strategies
Add Customer Reviews and Ratings to Your Site
- Focus on Retargeting Customers
- Focus on SEO Content Marketing
- Utilize Email Marketing
- Develop a Clear Social Media Marketing
- Run a Giveaway
- Find Your Relevant Communities Online and Join Them
Is a small advertising budget preventing you from driving a broad audience or generating significant traffic to your dropshipping business? Then you are unaware of the benefits of email marketing campaigns. It is a low-cost way to get in front of your customers where they spend most of their time: in their email inbox.
Email marketing is not “old-school” as you may have previously believed. It is a powerful tool that can help build strong customer relationships and increase sales.
Let’s explore some expert-recommended dropshipping email marketing strategies.
What Is Drop shipping?
Drop Shipping is a great way to start making money before you have even created or developed your own products. It’s an e-commerce concept where instead of keeping the products you sell in stock; you purchase them from a third party (usually the manufacturer or wholesaler) to fulfill your orders.
It’s as simple as looking for products that are in high demand and then selling them on sites such as Shopify and Amazon. You can use dropshipping to test the market and see if your product or niche is popular.
How Does Email Marketing Work
When you use email marketing, you promote your products and services by emailing people who have signed up for your mailing list.
Email marketing for your dropshipping store involves a variety of steps, but the general procedure is as follows:
- You create a mailing list of people interested in learning more about your brand and the products you sell.
- Email marketing tools store and segment subscribers’ email addresses for future use.
- You create and send emails to communicate with your subscribers.
- Those who have subscribed to your content are more likely to engage with it and visit your online store when they receive a newsletter from you.
The Advantages of a Successful Email Marketing Campaign
Marketing your dropshipping business via email is a low-cost strategy that can yield a high return on your investment (ROI). But email marketing has other advantages too, such as:
Boosting sales – Your subscribers are more likely to purchase from you if you send them the right message because you already know they’re interested.
Low costs – The cost of running an email marketing campaign is lower than other marketing channels, such as paid social or PPC advertisements on Google. You should be able to see a clear difference in your revenue during your accounting process.
Higher engagement – Marketing to people who have signed up for your mailing list means sending messages to people who have expressed an interest in your brand and products. This results in a higher level of participation.
Easily measured – You can see how each email performs based on the data you collect through tracking and analytics. There are a lot of tools and platforms that include this feature.
Higher reach – When you use email marketing, you can simultaneously send a message to hundreds or thousands of people. Your email list size is the only constraint.
Easy to launch – You don’t need to know how to code to create an email marketing campaign; plenty of user-friendly platforms and tools are available for beginners.
Reasons To Use Email Marketing for Your Dropshipping Business
If you haven’t invested the time to create an email marketing plan for your dropshipping business, you’re missing out on the opportunity to make more money and build up your business bank account.
Here are four reasons you should consider adding email marketing to your strategy.
Building Long-Term Relationships With Customers
Email is an integral part of fostering customer loyalty. While Google and social media can help you find new customers, email is still the most effective method of maintaining and expanding existing business relationships. It’s one of the best ways to keep customers coming back.
Online businesses benefit from returning customers because it lowers the average acquisition cost; it costs five times as much to acquire a new customer than to keep an old one. Moreover, a 5% increase in customer retention can increase profits by 25% to 95%.
Can Assist In Getting Results Faster
Direct and immediate access is the hallmark of email marketing – you send an email to someone who might be interested, they open it, and then decide whether or not to take action (such as redeeming a coupon, visiting your site, checking out their abandoned cart, etc.). With email marketing, you don’t have to wait months or even years to see results.
You can get new followers and visitors to your website that have the potential to convert right away. Email marketing may produce results more quickly than other channels, even though you must continue to work on growing your subscriber list.
Email Influences Revenue Streams
One of the reasons email marketing is a good choice for dropshipping is that it can have a positive effect on all three growth multipliers at once:
- Conversions – Automating engagement and cart abandonment emails can boost revenue.
- Frequency – The number of customer purchases can be increased by cross-selling or promotional campaigns
- Average Order Value – Customers in the proper buying cycle stage can be targeted with up-selling and lifecycle marketing campaigns
Your sales results can be compounded by implementing a well-planned email marketing campaign that simultaneously targets all three revenue growth multipliers. That’s why email campaigns are worth the time and effort.
A Changing Algorithm Doesn’t Affect Email
It’s also worth noting that email isn’t affected by search engines or social media algorithms, making it a valuable asset for e-commerce businesses.
How often have you developed a social media or SEO strategy, failing because your platform decided to modify its algorithm?
If you’re a dropshipping business on a tight budget, you may not be able to afford to pay to advertise on social media sites to expand your customer base. Email marketing shines in this scenario – it’s a less expensive and more effective way to reach customers.
Five Types of Dropshipping Store Email Marketing Campaigns
Email marketing requires a well-thought-out strategy to achieve meaningful results. Hence, it must be set up correctly to generate sales.
Your dropshipping store can benefit from these five email marketing campaign types:
What you want to accomplish with an initiation email marketing campaign is to get people familiar with your brand and establish a relationship with them. At this point, you’re beginning to convert your leads into returning customers.
The best time to send this email campaign is after a visitor has signed up for your mailing list.
When it comes to regaining abandoned carts and turning them into sales, email marketing is a powerful tool.
Before launching an abandoned cart recovery email campaign, it’s crucial to know why customers are leaving their carts behind in the first place. The following are some prominent examples:
- Unexpected costs
- Complicated checkout procedure
- Customer disinterest in a purchase
- Lack of funds to purchase
- High cost of shipping
If you want to get these carts back, you need to be able to find them first. There are email marketing services like Zumvu to help you with this.
After that, you’ll want to create enticing emails to catch customers who have already left your site. Adding coupons, discounts, and product recommendations to your email messages can help you stand out from the competition.
If you feel it’s a good idea to thank your customers when they buy something, you are right. The post-purchase email campaign helps you do just that.
But you can do more than express gratitude to them. For example, you could provide customers with order tracking information or make product suggestions to solicit their opinions and recommendations.
Keeping customers engaged with your brand is critical even after they have purchased from you. Don’t let them forget about your business, brand, and offerings!
You should send regular emails to your customers announcing new products, special sales and deals, and blog content.
Promotional email marketing campaigns are used to notify customers and subscribers about upcoming sales events, such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the Christmas season, among other things.
Running a dropshipping business puts you against hundreds of rival companies selling the same products for almost the same prices. So you can’t just assume people will find your website by accident and buy something.
Instead, you should employ your available resources to attract customers. You should also ensure that all your email marketing campaigns actually end up in your customers’ inboxes. Therefore, don’t think of selecting an email marketing service as a formality – think of it as your company’s single most crucial success factor.
What is included in email marketing in Nigeria ?
For many people, email marketing boils down to weekly newsletters that go directly into the bin. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, any email marketing campaign for a dropshipping eCommerce store should include at least 6 types of emails:
1) Welcome email. This is sent when a user provides you their email address – either through a subscription form or with a purchase.
2) Abandoned cart emails. Research shows that abandoned cart emails have a better conversion rate than other types of messages.
3) Discounts & special offers. You can specify on your site that users who subscribe to the newsletter will receive exclusive promotions and discounts.
4) Follow-ups. Once a user makes a purchase, send them an offer for a product that complements what they’ve bought. For instance, if someone purchases flower seeds, you can offer fertilizer or a seed-starting lamp.
5) Holiday promotions. During the 2021 festive season, eCommerce sales in the US exceeded $120 billion. People do shop much more during the holidays. So don’t miss the chance to increase your sales on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Nigerian New Year, Christmas , Sallah and other holidays.
6) Requests for reviews. Good testimonials will make your eCommerce store more attractive. So wait a week or two after your customer receives their purchase and send them an email asking for a review. Perhaps even ask them to include a picture illustrating how they use their purchase.
Good email design
All marketing emails you send should look beautiful and memorable. Luckily, designing professional-looking emails is easy in most email marketing services. Platforms like Mailchimp, SendInBlue, etc. provide free templates for all types of occasions. You can add your logo and images, play with the headings and more. Make sure that all your marketing communications follow your brand’s style in terms of fonts and colors.
Send Better Email. Build a Better Business.
With more than 2.6 million email messages sent every second, it’s becoming harder to stand out in inboxes—not to mention in a sea of spam, which accounts for 67 percent of those emails. Marketing and strategic branding expert gives you the tools you need to grow your list of email subscribers, keep them engaged, and turn them into lifelong customers.
By focusing on building a strong foundation first, you’ll learn how to develop a comprehensive email marketing program designed to evolve with your business. Then, They shows you how to convert subscribers into buying customers and vocal brand advocates with the techniques that marketing professionals use to build their businesses and increase their revenue using email. You’ll learn how to:
- Use free content to encourage people to subscribe to your email list
- Develop conversion funnels that drive people to buy from you or sign up for your webinars
- Save time and keep subscribers engaged with your brand with email automation
- Boost conversions with list segmentation techniques designed to get the right message to the right people at the right time
- Test your messages and analyze your performance using key metrics to improve your results
- Win back customers with automation and personalization strategies designed to build a one-on-one relationship with your audience
- Understand the laws and deliverability rules you must follow and tools to help you along the way