The Current Educational Toys & Games for Kids (2023)
Naturally, you want to steer your children away from screens…but unless you provide them with something fun to play with, your kids are basically moths to the iPad light. So how can you ensure that fun and learning collide?
There are tons of building toys out there, from LEGO, to Tegu, to the classic wooden block. Some kids favorite are the magna tiles. These large, colorful construction toys come in a variety of sizes and shapes and click together, or to other surfaces, with the aid of powerful magnets.
They can be combined to form simple shapes like cubes and pyramids, or arranged to make magnetic art on a garage door. Plus there are themed packs that can add windows, staircases or even functional cranes to the playsets.
Are you looking for educational toys and games for your kids? If so, you’re in the right place! This blog will list the best educational toys and games for babies, toddlers, 3-6 year old’s and 7-10 year old’s. Whether your child is currently learning kindergarten math skills or just starting to learn English, we’ve got a toy or game for them!
These are open-ended building toys that don’t have set instructions for making a particular scene or item. They’re safe for a three-year-old, and fun for much older kids, too. At $120 for a 100-piece set, Magna-Tiles certainly aren’t cheap, but they’re definitely the sort of toy that will keep your child entertained for years to come, while also helping them learn valuable problem solving skills.
We’ll also share educational tips on how to play with these toys and games to maximize their educational value. So bookmark this blog and visit it regularly to find the best educational toys and games for your kids!.
EDUCATIONAL TOY PICKS FOR BABIES AND TODDLERS
Educational toys are a great way to keep your baby or toddler entertained and learning at the same time. Some of the best toys for babies and toddlers include play dough, blocks, construction sets, and more.
Combine these toys with other activities like reading stories or playing games to keep your little one entertained and learning at the same time! When buying educational toys for babies and toddlers, it’s important to think about what skills or facts the toy is teaching.
Play dough, for example, is an excellent toy for babies to learn how to control their motor skills and dexterity. Blocks are perfect for toddlers to learn about shapes, colors, and counting. Construction sets are perfect for toddlers who are starting to develop their fine motor skills. As your baby or toddler grows older, you can switch to more challenging toys that will help them learn more advanced skills like problem solving or math.
Educational Toy Picks for Babies and Toddlers
- Learning Toys for Babies and Toddlers
- LeapFrog 100 Animals Book
- Merka Large Alphabet Flash Cards for Toddlers 2-4 Years
- VTech Musical Rhymes Book
- LeapFrog 2-in-1 LeapTop Touch
- VTech Smart Shots Sports Center
- YOYOSTORE Child’s Interactive My First Own Cell Phone
- VTech Drill and Learn Toolbox, Multicolor
EDUCATIONAL TOY PICKS FOR 3 TO 6 YEAR OLDS
- learning toys and games for kids
- Educational Toys and Games for Kids
- Einstein Box Science Experiment Kit For Kids
- Rock the Top – Rock Collection & Mystery Boxes
- Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Talking Kids Microscope
- ThinkFun Zingo Sight Words Early Reading Game for Kids
- Veatree Educational Magnetic Building Sticks Blocks Toys for Kids
- BeGenio – Race to Infinity, Math Games for Kids, Fun Educational Board Games
Kids love toys, and educational toys are no exception. However, it’s important to choose toys that are safe and will keep your child entertained. Some of the best educational toys and games for kids include puzzles, building blocks, and video games. These toys will help encourage creative thinking and problem solving skills.
If you’re looking for educational toys and games that will keep your kids entertained, check out these 10 options! From educational stacking cups to educational matching games, they’re sure to have something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Get shopping!.
EDUCATIONAL TOY PICKS FOR 7 TO 10 YEAR OLDS
- VteePck 12-in-1 Coding Robot Stem Learning Toys for Kids
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Mega Crystal Growing Lab – 8 Vibrant Colored Crystals
- Basic Fun Speak & Spell Electronic Game
- Osmo-Coding Starter Kit for Fire Tablet-3 Educational Learning Games
- Key Education Sentence Building for Kids
Kids love toys that offer a fun and educational way to learn. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best educational toys and games for 7 to 10 year old’s. Whether your child loves puzzles, counting games, creative play, or learning new vocabulary, there’s a toy on this list that will fit the bill. Not to mention, many educational toys come with instructional materials, so be sure to take advantage of them! So what are you waiting for? Pick up a toy or game today, and start learning with your child!
Kids love playing educational toys and games, and there are plenty of great options out there for different age groups. In this blog, we’ve highlighted some of the best educational toys and games for babies, toddlers, 3-6 year old’s, and 7-10 year old’s. So whether you’re looking for toys to keep your baby engaged, toys to keep your toddler entertained, or toys for older kids, we’ve got you covered! Happy shopping!
Can we use educational toys to develop specific skills?
Yes, from problem-solving to fine motor skills, there are educational toys for skills across categories.
Some Other Toys for Kids are fully listed below:
Smart Lab: Smart Circuits
This toy can take a kid from simple blinking lights to complex motion-controlled games. The snap-together baseboard can lie flat on a table like a regular breadboard, but it can also be folded into a cube or the pieces can be attached at a 90-degree angle. This gives kids an extra element to play with when they graduate to designing their own circuits.
The kit itself only has a few pieces, but they’re quite flexible. And they’re all housed in large colorful plastic that should be easy for a kid to handle. There’s the usual electronics kid fare, like LEDs, a speaker, a potentiometer and two buttons. But there’s also a tilt switch, a light sensor and a microprocessor capable of handling some relatively robust tasks. The kit comes with instructions for 50 projects, but with the parts available a creative child could build quite a few more.
Playskool Shape Sorter
A shape sorter is an awesome toy for younger kids because it encourages hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, problem-solving and even vocabulary (by identifying the names of shapes and colors).
The Yoto Player is the perfect toy for a young child who wants to play their own tunes and stories, but who isn’t ready for an iPad or smart speaker of their own. Yoto’s cute design and blocky, pixel-like display looks distinctly retro. It’s detailed enough for kids to make out images, but it’s insufficient for video, which should actually be good news for parents worried about too much screen time. Yoto calls the player a “carefully connected” speaker: You bring it online during the initial setup, but from there kids can access safe songs and other content through physical cards.
This is a perfect introduction to the computer world for young children. It’s partially DIY — the base unit is a Windows 10 tablet with a pre-installed CPU, memory and storage, but kids will have to plug in a colorful battery and speaker module to get it going.
The Kano PC encourages youngsters to take a close look at all of the PC’s clearly labeled hardware with the bundled magnifying glass. And once they get going, it’s still a decently capable Windows 10 PC, with a Celeron CPU, 4GB of RAM and a 1080p webcam. it even comes with a keyboard cover, something Microsoft still hasn’t bundled with the Surface tablets.
The 36 Best Educational Toys (Globally) in 2023
- Best Walker: VTech Sit to Stand Learning Walker (Ages 0 to 2)
- Best Biology-Themed Toy: KiwiCo Cell Shape Sorter (1+)
- Best for the Wannabe Sous-Chef: Little Partners Learning Tower and Developmental Activity Board (Ages 18 months+)
- Best Puzzle: The Learning Journey Match It! Self-Correcting Spelling Puzzles (Ages 2 to 5)
- Best for the Backyard Lover: Carson BugView Quick-Release Bug Catching Tool (Ages 2 to 10)
- Best for the Doodler: Orsen Gifts LCD Writing Tablet and Doodle Board (Ages 2 to 10)
- Best for the Budding Scientist: Educational Insights Now You See It Now You Don’t Compost Container (Ages 2 to 10)
- Best Literacy Toy: Miniland ABC Monster (Ages 3+)
- Best Alternative Building Blocks: KNOP KNOP Caterpillar Felt Building Kit (Ages 3+)
- Best STEAM Toy: KAPLA Owl Case (Ages 3+)
- Best Magnetic Tiles: MAGNA-TILES (AGES 3+)
- Best Math Game: CoolToys Monkey Balance Math Game (Ages 3+)
- Best 3D Toy: My Little Farm SmartFelt Toy (Ages 3+)
- Best Relaxing Toy: Hand2Mind Mindful Maze Toy (Ages 3+)
- Best for Dino-Lovers: Learning Resources Dino Sorters Activity Set (Ages 3+)
- Best EQ Toy: Homer Explore Feelings Kit (Ages 3 to 6)
- Best Floor Puzzle: Melissa & Doug 48-Piece Solar System Floor Puzzle (Ages 3 to 6)
- Best Take-Apart Plane: Battat Take Apart Airplane (Ages 3 to 7)
- Best Brain Teasing Toy: Coogam Wooden Tangram Puzzle (Ages 4+)
- Best Spelling Toy: Melissa & Doug See and Spell Wooden Toy (Ages 4 to 6)
- Best Critical Thinking Puzzle: Educational Insights Kanoodle Jr. Brain Boosting Puzzle Game (Ages 4 to 7)
- Best Word Game: ThinkFun Zingo Sight Words Early Reading Game (Ages 4 to 8)
- Best Immersive STEM Game: Arpedia 3D Digital Learning Game (Ages 4 to 10)
- Best Chessboard: Winning Moves No Stress Chess (Ages 4 to 10)
- Best Matching Game: Educational Insights Robot Face Race Game (Ages 4 to 10)
- Best LEGO Toy: Lego Classic Large Creative Brick Box Building Kit (Ages 4 to 10)
- Best LED Art Toy: Basic Fun Lite-Brite (Ages 4 to 15)
- Best for Magic School Bus Lovers: The Magic School Bus Exploring Oceans (Ages 5+)
- Best for the Little Artist: Crayola Light-Up Tracing Pad (Ages 5 to 10)
- Best Weaving Toy: Melissa & Doug Multi-Craft Weaving Loom (Ages 5 to 10)
- Best for the Mini Musician: PlayShifu Plugo Tunes Piano Learning Set (Ages 5 to 10)
- Best Play Mat: Best Learning i-Poster USA Interactive Map (Ages 5 to 12)
- Best Problem-Solving Activity: Skillmatics Brain Teasers Activity Mat (Ages 6+)
- Best Card Game: Skillmatics Guess in 10 (Ages 6+)
- Best Family-Friendly Game: Melissa & Doug Suspend Family Game (Ages 6 to 10)
- Best Math Card Game: 24 Challenge Card Game (Ages 7 to 10)