Motorola Moto G8 Review, Specification & Price in Nigeria
Moto G8 is a series of Android smartphones developed by Motorola Mobility, a subsidiary of Lenovo, it is the eighth generation of the Moto G family and was first released on October 2019, only 8 months after the previous generation.
A G8 Power variant was later announced in February 2020 and is set to be released in April 2020. With dimensions 157.6 mm × 75.4 mm × 9 mm (6.20 in × 2.97 in × 0.35 in) G8 Plus:158.4 mm × 75.8 mm × 9.1 mm (6.24 in × 2.98 in × 0.36 in) G8 Power:156 mm × 75.8 mm × 9.6 mm (6.14 in × 2.98 in × 0.38 in) and a system on chip using Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70MG8 Plus & Power Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665.
This is the highest-end G8 phone Motorola is offering. Its specifications across the board are all quite solid, consisting of a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display,4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable storage, and a 4,000 mAh battery.
There are also three cameras on the back of the G8 Plus, but they’re more technically impressive. There’s a 48MP primary camera, 16MP wide-angle camera, and 5MP depth sensor. Motorola also touts a “Night Vision” mode that allows for better low-light photography.
Motorola Moto G8 Specifications
- 6.3inch IPS LCD display, 1080 X 2280 pixels (400 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (pie)
- Octa-core Snapdragon 665
- 4GB RAM/64GB ROM, expandable via a MicroSD (up to 512 GB)
- 48 MP + 16 MP + 5 MP rear camera and an 25mp front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (rear mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Design & Display
Moto G8 smartphone has a IPS LCD display. The screen has a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and 269 (PPI) pixel density. On camera front, the buyers get a 8 MP Front Camera and on the rear, there’s an 16MP + 8MP + 2MP camera with features like Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Touch to focus.
It is backed by a 4000 mAh battery. Connectivity features in the smartphone include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Volte, and more. There are three cameras on the back, consisting of a 13MP primary camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, and 2MP depth sensor.
Once again, the Motorola “M” logo on the back of the phone acts as a fingerprint sensor. The display also has got 6.2 in (15.7 cm) 1520 × 720 IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, (271 PPI with 19:9 aspect ratio)G8 Plus: 6.3 in (16.0 cm) 2280 × 1080 LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, (400 PPI with 19:9 aspect ratio)G8 Power: 6.4 in (16.3 cm) 2300 × 1080 IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, (399 PPI with 19.2:9 aspect ratio).
Featuring an impressive camera system, capable of allowing users taking cool photographs. The Motorola Moto G8 Plus rear camera system is home to 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, a 16MP ultra wide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 5MP depth sensor with an aperture of f/2.2.
This camera system is capable of allowing users to shoot photos in HDR, Panorama. It also allows users to shoot 4k videos @30fps, 1080p videos at 30/60/120fps.
Software & Hardware
This fine mobile device is home to an Octa-core Qualcomm 665 Processor and an Adreno 610 GPU. The smartphone also features 4GB of RAM, 64GB of eMMC internal storage, with an option for storage expansion via Micro-SD.
Battery & Connectivity
The Moto G8 Plus features a 3.5mm headphone jack, dual-band Wi-Fi, a USB Type C port and Bluetooth 5.0.Internet connectivity on the Motorola Moto G8 Plus is capped at 4G LTE as there is no 5G support here.
The Moto G8 Plus houses a non-removable 4000mAh Li-Po battery and also supports 15W fast charging, to boost charging speed. We are still a little concerned about the suggested HD+ resolution for the Moto G8’s display, which would be a big step down from the G7’s Full HD+ one. We’re hoping that’s a misreported spec, but we won’t know for sure until Motorola officially takes the wraps off the phone.
Motorola Moto G8 Price & Availability
The price of Motorola Moto G8 Plus varies widely depending on country, below is the prices of the smartphone in different countries:
- Price in Nigeria is (NGN) 97,200 naira
- Price in Malaysia is (MYR) 1,130.08
- Price in Pakistan is (PKR) 42,086.25
- Price in Bangladesh is (BDT) 22,853.05
Other Features of the Motorola Moto G8
- Operating System : Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Network Support : LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700)
LTE band 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) TDD-LTE
- Speed : HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A 600/50 Mbps
- Sim : Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Size : 6.3 inches, 99.1 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution : 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~400 PPI density)
- CPU : Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- Chipset : Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- Card slot : microSD, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Ram/Rom : 64GB 4GB RAM
- Video : 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@30/240fps
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- USB : 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors : Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery