How to Sync Your Outlook Calendar With Slack Automatically?
Start by installing the Slack for Outlook Add-In from the Microsoft AppSource. Open any email and click on the slack icon in the right-hand side of your inbox.
Choose the channel or the person you’d like to forward the email to that is inside of Slack. Add a message and include attachments if you’d like. This is how slack works with outlook.
Syncing Slack with Outlook Calendar is an easy way to streamline the workday, prevent the type whole scheduling snafus, and more. This guide fully explains how to sync your Outlook mail Calendar with Slack.
What is slack?
Slack integrations are quality add-ons and bespoke applications that allow you to link Slack to various business tools. Integrations like these can send you notifications, make it easier to access other apps within the app, and combine data from several sources.
Slack has three different integration options:
- Slack includes built-in integrations with over 60 partners at writing, many of which small businesses are familiar with and use daily.
- If This Then That (IFTTT) and Zapier are two services that can help you automate your tasks.
- To link Slack with various other systems and solutions, you can utilize IFTTT recipes and Zapier zaps. Slack integrations can be extended in over 500 different ways right now.
- Create your integrations using Slack. Like Slackbot, Amazon SQS, etc.
How to Sync Outlook Calendar and Slack?
Primary, people will need to select Add Apps below the apps section on the left sidebar in Slack. Following, the apps page will open with a search bar at the top and suggested apps below.
- For example, select this option if Outlook Calendar appears as one of the top apps on the page.
- Then, suppose Outlook Calendar does not automatically load under your ultimate apps type Outlook Calendar in the search bar and press Enter.
- A page will load specifying the myriad capabilities enabled by syncing Outlook Calendar and Slack, and people must next select Connect Account at the bottom.
- Next, it will open a new tab where individuals will need to enable Outlook Calendar to access their Slack workspace by choosing the green Allow button at the bottom of the page.
- Here if you have successfully synced your Outlook Calendar and Slack workspace, an Outlook Calendar option should appear below the apps section on the left sidebar on Slack.
- In addition, people will also receive an Outlook Calendar app Slack notification with the opportunity to enable automatic status updates.
- To promote these automatic updates, select Turn On below the message, at which point the accounts should be synced.
- Persons may want to test the cross-platform functionality to ensure the connection has been successful. Here to do so, schedule an imminent meeting in Outlook Calendar.
- Then, the two platforms are synced if a Slack notification is sent via the Outlook Calendar app to coincide with the scheduled appointment.
How to connect Slack with Outlook Calendar?
To connect Slack with Outlook Calendar, follow these steps:
- Open Slack on your computer.
- Select a workspace where you want to install the app.
- Click the More button and select Applications.
- Find the Outlook calendar and click the Add button.
- Click the Add to Slack option.
- Go in your credentials and click the Allow button.
- Click the Shortcuts button and choose Outlook Calendar.
- Select an action and run it.
In recent months, organizations around the globe have transitioned to remote work to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. As a result, remote teams are leveraging a vast suite of collaboration tools like Slack and Zoom as part of the virtual workday.
Rather than using these tools individually, it’s possible to connect some of these are platforms for added functionality. A popular platform pairing involves syncing Slack with Outlook Calendar.
Once synced, the Outlook Calendar will fully automatically update statuses in Slack to let others know when a team member is busy or inaccessible throughout the workday.
Additionally, the app will send a notification at the start of each day to provide a concise rundown of scheduled engagements.
The application will also notify people before scheduled meetings and provide links to Zoom, Skype, Webex, etc., to streamline the process.
Compatibility: Slack for Outlook works with most versions of Outlook that allow add-ins for Office: Outlook Web App and Office 2016 for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
How Do I Automate Slack Status?
To set your Slack status, just open Slack, tap your name in the top left corner, and click Set a status. You can also use the keyboard shortcut APPLE Shift Y on Mac and Ctrl Shift Y on Windows.
How Do I Forward Email From Outlook to Slack?
If you use Outlook in a browser, open an email and click the three dots icon, then select Slack for Outlook. To send an email to Slack from the Outlook desktop app, open an email and click the Slack icon to select the name of a channel or person from the dropdown menu. Click Send to Slack to send the email.