How To Reset DSTv Decoder: Proper Method
Errors are common when it comes to the DSTv decoder. whether it is a smart card error or a DSTv decoder error, the aim of this article is to teach you how to reset your DSTv decoder from the comfort of your home easily, without you going to the office close to you or you putting a call to the customer care service team. And of course when this happens you do not need to opt to purchase a new decoder, as this can be done quite quickly and with ease.
HOW TO RESET YOUR DSTv DECODER WITH EASE
You and i both know that there are some errors that do require you to visit the DSTv office outlet close to you, so you can fix your decoder errors and get it back in perfect condition. Bear in mind that while this method of resetting DSTv decoder works, you can also try this method of resetting your DSTv decoder before visiting any DSTv office.
KNOW HOW TO FLASH ERASE 8118 ON DSTv
The various steps below are the processes to go through before you flash erase the 8118 on DSTv decoder:
- Click “reset” and the standby button at the same time on your decoder’s front panel.
- the letter “dl” will come up on your DSTv decoder’s display panel.
- when the letters are visible, click and hold down the TV/Audio button and the p+ button all at the same time.
- The two buttons should be held down at the same time till the word “done” is visible and displayed on the decoder display panel.
once the word “done” has been displayed and it is visible, it simply means that your DSTv decoder has been reset successfully. If the error still displays and can’t go off then you need to contact the DSTv office to assist in resolving the issue.
HOW TO FIX DSTv ISSUES OF CHANNELS NOT DISPLAYING AFTER SUBSCRIPTION
After subscription has been paid, some DSTv user’s can notice, that it’s not all their channels that are visible on the screen. If you are in this situation at the moment do not panic, simply follow the process below, as you do not need to call the customer care service team or visit any DSTv outlet.
Do the following below via text message :
- Send your “RE DSTv decoder number to ” 30333“
- i.e RE number is 123456789055 to 30333
The code works on every network provider service in Nigeria.
HOW TO MANUALLY RESET THE DSTv DECODER
Follow the process below in order for you to be able to reset your DSTv decoder manually
- Press the standby and the “reset” button all at the same time.
- The word “DL” will come up on the decoder’s display panel.
- Once the letter’s are visible, press standby, p+, p-, standby in very quick succession, one after the other but (it must be quickly done).
This will assist you reset the decoder to it’s normal state again.
NB: All the methods of reseting the decoder works perfectly, as it is a proven self care method for your DSTv decoder. And if by any means these processes do not work and your DSTv decoder is still displaying error messages, we advice you contact the DSTv office near you, a DSTv technician if it can not be done then you need to replace the decoder.