How to Delete Groups on Telegram in Nigeria
Telegram is a free and open source, cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging software. This service also provides end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, file sharing and several other features.
It was launched for iOS on 14 August 2013 and Android in October 2013. Telegram is a well-known platform for messaging.
Over the years, it has proven to be a robust platform for connecting with people and communicating. It’s open source and continues to provide a free and secure messaging platform for users all over the world.
If you make use of this application all the time, chances are that you have come across a group or you’re even in multiple groups.
Groups are a way of relating with many people who have common interests. Telegram serves this feature well as group on the platform are expansive allowing for several people to relate. In this post, we’ll be treating how to create and delete groups on Telegram.
Delete Group on Telegram for IOS
1. Launch the Telegram app on your iOS device and go to the telegram group you wish to delete.
2. Tap the group name.
3. Select the “Edit” button at the top.
4. Tap “Delete Group” which is the last on the list of options.
5. Hit Delete group again and the group would be gone.
Delete Group on Telegram for Desktop
Users can delete any Telegram group on the desktop app of Telegram. The process is similar for Windows and Mac. Before you proceed, first you have to convert the group to a Super-group if you’ll be deleting it on computer.
The group also had to be a Private group, not a public one or open group. If it is a public or open group, it won’t delete.
Listed below is how you can create a super-group that enables you to delete the said group:
1. Click the menu icon (denoted by triple-dot).
2. Navigate to “Manage Group” and select it.
3. Next, proceed to “Group Info” and you’ll see the “Edit Group” window
4. After that, select “Convert to Super-group” and next, “Convert”.
5. Go back to the Manage Group screen and go to Group Info
6. Next, hit “Delete Group” and “Delete” again.
The group will be deleted permanently
Delete Groups for Telegram on Android
1. Launch the Telegram app on your Android.
2. Go to the group you want to delete and tap the group name.
3. Tap the Pen icon located at the top.
4. Next, select “Delete and Leave Group” from the list of options. Hit “Delete Group” again.
What is Telegram Used For in Nigeria ?
Telegram is an online messaging app that works just like popular messaging apps WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. This means that you can use it to send messages to your friends when connected to Wi-Fi or your mobile data.
Is Telegram good or bad ?
Yes, a highly secure messaging tool can be used for bad as well as good, and Telegram has been in the news as a coordinating tool for extremists planning terror attacks. Less widely known is the fact that Telegram channels are also commonly used to facilitate film and TV piracy as well as to organize Instagram bots.