How to connect bose soundbar to tv in Nigeria
Bose makes well-built and neutral-sounding top soundbars. They tend to be very straightforward to use, and some of their setups are easily upgradable. However, due to their simple model design, they have as many full sound quality enhancement features as other brands.
Bose Soundbars produce extremely high-quality sound with an added base effect and, luckily, it is usually a relatively easy process to connect your Bose Soundbar to most brands of Smart TVs.
Bose has offered quality sound for your home audio systems for years. Their top soundbars, speakers, and systems always, always deliver, especially when it comes to music and movies.
The ease of connecting your Bose Soundbar to your Smart TV will mainly depend on what the operating systems your TV supports and what type of model of Bose Soundbar that you do well currently have. Read on to learn more about the details of how to connect your Bose Soundbar to different brands of Smart TVs.
Many people think that they’re difficult to connect to your TV, but that’s simply not the case. Here, we’ll look at how simple it is to connect your soundbar to your TV. You can have amazing audio too, and it only takes a few steps!
We’ll look at the best way to connect your Bose soundbar, as well as how to connect top quality Bose soundbar to TV. Step by step and easy to follow instructions are provided below. You can follow these easily even if you are not a techie. Trust me and just read on, you should be fine.
What’s the Best Way to Connect Your Bose Soundbar?
There are three main methods to connect your Bose soundbar to your TV. Which one you use depends on what you have available, what your TV supports, and even which Bose soundbar you choose.
Newer TVs may be able to connect via HDMI (using ARC), optical, or Bluetooth. Adaptors are available for these methods if you need them, or if your TV is older.
HDMI is the best way to connect your Bose quality soundbar to your TV, as it provides the clearest audio quality. Optical is a close second. If you’re okay with muddier sound, Bluetooth is a viable option as well.
Below, we’ll look at how to connect Bose soundbar to TV for each of these methods.
How to Connect Bose Soundbar to TV Using HDMI
Connecting any soundbar to your TV using HDMI is a bit more complicated than you’d think. Most top devices can connect to quality HDMI-enabled TVs. However, connecting a soundbar requires a TV that uses HDMI ARC or HDMI Audio Return Channel.
This specific type of port is essential to connect your Bose soundbar. Most newer TVs have HDMI ARC ports, but you should check your TV’s user manual to make sure. Otherwise, the TV won’t send sound data to the soundbar at all.
If you do find that your TV supports HDMI ARC, take the following steps.
- Make sure that your TV and the Bose soundbar are turned off.
- Get an HDMI cable ready. The great thing about HDMI ARC is that you can use standard HDMI cables for it. The port is the only difference. Any HDMI cable you have will do the job just fine.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your Bose Soundbar’s Audio Out port.
- Connect the other end of your HDMI cable to your TV’s HDMI ARC port.
- Change your TV’s audio output settings. These settings should be located in the ‘Audio’ section of your TV’s menu. Change the output to the Bose soundbar.
- You may also have to enable ARC in your TV’s settings menu. Because this is an HDMI ARC port, you sometimes have to change these settings before it will work.
- You should also enable CEC in your TV’s settings menu. Some TVs may change the terminology, so make sure to refer to your user manual.
- Change the audio input in your soundbar’s settings. This can be a physical switch on the Soundbar itself, or it may be located in the device’s settings. The location and method change based on the model of your Bose soundbar.
After following these steps, you should be able to hear your TV audio through the soundbar.
If you aren’t, try resetting your soundbar, and then fully disconnecting it, and reconnecting it to your TV. This may solve the problem.
How to Connect Bose Soundbar to TV Using Optical Cable
An optical cable is the next best way to connect your Bose soundbar to your TV. Though it won’t work as well as HDMI, it still produces better sound than using a Bluetooth connection might.
For this method, you’ll need a TV that supports Optical outputs, as well as an optical cable that’s long enough to reach both devices. Double-check your TV’s user manual to make sure that your TV has an optical port, especially if you aren’t sure what one looks like.
It’s also important to note that not every soundbar will support optical connections. Make sure that your soundbar supports optical before continuing. Once everything is double-checked, take the following steps.
- Purchase an optical cable that is long enough to reach from the soundbar to your TV’s optical port.
- Connect one end of the optical cable to your soundbar.
- Connect the other end of the optical cable to your TV’s optical port.
- Go to the audio settings on your TV. These settings should be in your TV’s general menu.
- Change the audio output setting to ‘optical’.
- Change the audio source on your Bose soundbar to ‘digital’.
- These settings may vary in location, name, or other information. However, there should always be some equivalent on your Bose soundbar or TV. If you’re having trouble, try looking up information for your specific model.
How to Connect Bose Soundbar to TV Using Bluetooth
Bluetooth is the third and last method you can use to connect your Bose soundbar to your TV. It’s not recommended unless you don’t have HDMI ARC or an optical port. This is because the audio quality may suffer while using Bluetooth.
Note that this method doesn’t work on older TVs. Your TV and Bose soundbar will both need to have Bluetooth capabilities for this method to work. If your TV doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can purchase an adaptor that adds Bluetooth functionality.
Keep in mind that an adaptor might further decrease audio quality, so be careful.
Once both your TV and soundbar are ready to pair, take the following steps.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on your soundbar or remote. Each model may indicate pairing differently, so check to see which type of indicator light you should be on the lookout for.
- Find the Bluetooth menu on your TV.
- Find the Bose soundbar from the list of available devices on the Bluetooth pairing menu.
- Select the device to pair them.
- Play something on the TV to make sure that your soundbar has paired correctly.
- If you’re hearing sound from the soundbar, it should be fully connected and ready to go!
Are Bose soundbars Bluetooth?
You can connect a Bluetooth® device using the buttons on your product or the Bose app. Below, we’ll show you how to connect using the buttons on your product. For help connecting from the Bose app, see Connecting a Bluetooth® device using the Bose app.
What is the difference between a Bose TV speaker and a soundbar?
The Bose TV Speaker and the Bose Soundbar 500 are two well-built soundbars with different setups. The Bose TV Speaker is a 2.0 setup that’s smaller and more compact, which some users may prefer. It has a better-balanced sound profile with a decent amount of bass.
Whatever model of Bose soundbar you have, connecting it to your TV is simple. These three methods offer varying audio quality, but there’s always a way to connect your Bose soundbar. Newer TVs get the best deal with HDMI ARC and Optical connections, but there’s a way to connect your older TV as well!