FAIRPHONE 4 Specifications & Price in Nigeria
FairPhone company announced the launch of the 4 smartphone in 2021. The mobile manufacturer is offering the FairPhone 4 phone with 6.3 inches display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G chipset, 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage.
The FairPhone 4 comes with Android OS v11.0 out of the box, and a Li-Ion 3905 mAh battery. The 6.3 inches phone comes with IPS display (1080 x 2340 pixels). This is a good smartphone.
The new model has a much more modern design than its predecessors with an aluminium body, Gorilla Glass 5 screen and a removable 100% recycled plastic back.
It is still chunky at 10.5mm thick and 225g heavy, but the sides are rounded and smooth, the body is super solid, the plastic back is tactile and the glass front looks modern, if not quite sleek.
The IPS display provides enhanced features, such as optimal viewing angles, color accuracy, invariable color reproduction and better mobile power consumption.
FAIRPHONE 4 Key Features
- Android OS v11.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G
- Adreno 619
- 6 GB / 128 GB
- 6.38 x 2.97 x 0.41 inches
- Li-Ion 3905 mAh battery
Design & Display
The 6.3in LCD screen will not win any awards but is fairly bright and crisp. The vertical viewing angles are not the best and it has relatively chunky bezels at the top and bottom, more akin to a budget phone, but nothing egregious. The size of 4 screen is measured diagonally, from corner to corner.
The 6.3 inches IPS display of FairPhone 4 with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution is multitouch capable. And one thing it lacks is a headphone socket; the USB-C port will handle audio duties with the right adapter or you will have to use Bluetooth headphones.
Memory & Performance
The internal memory of FairPhone 4 (6 GB) cannot be expanded, but the internal storage (128 GB) can be expanded with a compatible microSD card.
On the performance side, major upgrades from the predecessor include bigger display, better camera with OIS, improved selfie camera, 5G support, IP54 dust and splash protection and MIL810G certification, USB-C port, bigger battery, 20W fast charging among other changes.
The Fairphone 4 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G chip, which is one of the firm’s mid-range processors with 5G and has a similar level of performance to top smartphones from 2018 such as the OnePlus 6.
Applications open fairly quickly, but can take a beat or two to be ready to use. Social media feeds occasionally stutter as you scroll all through them and information panels take a second to load in Google Maps.
Fairphone 4 has a dual 48-megapixel system on the back with wide and ultrawide cameras and a 25-megapixel selfie camera above the screen.
The back cameras are more numerous than Fairphone’s previous efforts, but neither are serious rivals to top phones.
The main camera can produce decent photos in bright light, but really struggles in high contrast scenes producing muddy, washed out snaps soft on detail.
Low light performance was poor with a lot of grain. The camera was often slow to shoot photos too and was prone to movement blur.
The ultrawide camera produces images that look good at a glance in bright daylight, but hazy on closer inspection particularly towards the edge.
The selfie camera is pretty good, producing detail-rich and well-balanced photo images in reasonable light. It is possible to shoot good images with the Fairphone 4, but it takes a lot more work.
The camera of the 4 is equipped with autofocus. An autofocus or optical system uses a sensor, a control system and a motor to focus on an automatically or manually selected point.
The main camera of 4 has full mobile optical image stabilization (OIS) to counteract camera shake. Optical image stabilization is a must for anyone shooting without a tripod with a long lens or in low light conditions.
Smartphones today come with a wealth of sensors to facilitate a better user experience. The full mobile accelerometer is a sensor that measures the tilting motion and orientation of the phone.
The 4 phone has a fingerprint scanner. This sensor fully identifies and authenticates the fingerprints of an individual in order to grant or deny access to a smartphone.
This FairPhone phones comes with a proximity sensor. This proximity sensor detects how close the phone is to an outside object, such as your ear. FairPhone 4 supports 2G, 3G 4G, & 5G/ LTE cell networks.
This phone has a built-in GPS. GPS is a highly accurate navigation system using signals from satellites to determine a location on the Earth’s surface, irrespective of any type of weather conditions.
Most phones have a GPS unit on board. The top mobile device FAIRPHONE 4 comes with NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality.
A Near Field Communication (NFC) is a short-range wireless connectivity full technology that makes life easier and more convenient for consumers around the world by making it simpler to make transactions.
The mobile houses a Li-Ion 3905 mAh battery which gives the smartphone a good battery backup. The Li-ion is a low maintenance battery which offers high energy, is lightweight and does not require periodic full discharge.
The battery lasts roughly two days with the screen used for about five hours with apps, browsing and taking photos, spending about two hours on 5G the rest on wifi, which is similar to some of the longer-lasting smartphones available. More careful use will probably see longer or you can swap in a spare fully charged battery in seconds.
FAIRPHONE 4 Price in Nigeria
This smartphone comes with good storage options which is on sale in Nigeria for the price range of $ 780.00. The mobile device is available and it can be purchased at any e-commerce retail store close to your region.
FAIRPHONE 4 Full Specifications
- Technology : GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- 2G bands : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 18, 19, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 71
- 5G bands : 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41, 71, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed : HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps, 5G 2.3 Gbps DL
- Announced : 2021, September 30
- Status : Available. Released 2021, October 25
- Dimensions : 162 x 75.5 x 10.5 mm (6.38 x 2.97 x 0.41 in)
- Weight : 225 g (7.94 oz)
- Build : Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM : Dual SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM)
- Protection : IP54, dust and water resistant
- Type : IPS LCD
- Size : 6.3 inches, 97.4 cm2 (~79.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution : 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection : Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System : Android 11
- Chipset : Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- CPU : Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU : Adreno 619
- Card slot : microSDXC
- Internal : 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Triple : 48 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- Ultra Wide : 48 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- Depth : TOF 3D, (depth)
- Features : Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video : 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Single : 25 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.78″, 0.9µm
- Features : HDR
- Video : 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker : Yes
- 3.5mm jack : No
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth : 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS : Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC : Yes
- Radio : No
- USB : USB Type-C 3.0, USB On-The-Go, DisplayPort
- Sensors : Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging : SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, IM
- Browser : HTML5
- Warranty : Standard 5-year warranty
- Colors : Gray, Green, Speckled Green
- SAR EU : 0.49 W/kg (head) / 0.99 W/kg (body)
- Battery Type : Li-Ion 3905 mAh, removable
- Charging Technology : Fast charging 20W