External Hard Drive Prices in Nigeria
An external hard drive typically refers to just a single drive while a disk enclosure can contain many drives (I’ve seen as many as 15. Still, there are some that hold more). If you are one of today’s mobile warriors, you may need an external hard drive to match your work or personal style. These drives are all portable, but depending on how you move, they may or may not suit you. Take a close look to see how these portable external hard drives measure up for use, shock, dirt and water exposure.
In this article, we will look at the prices of various brands and sizes of the external hard drives in the market space today.
Prices Of External Hard Drives In Nigeria
Personally, most external hard drives can stand up to a decent amount of movement during general business travel or family vacations. I have had drives fail from what I suspect is too much bouncing around.
Since the most affordable hard disk drives (HDD) have moving parts (magnetic floating heads that read a spinning platter; think vinyl record with a bit more stability), they are going to be more susceptible to shock.
If you are just going back and forth to your friend’s apartment, probably not a big deal. If you are on the road constantly, out in the field, or prone to dropping things, consider a solid-state drive (SSD).
The prices and the list of popular external hard drive brands in Nigeria are listed below :
Zheino External Hard Drive
- Zheino 70 GB — (NGN) 7000 naira — (NGN) 10,000 naira
EAGET External Hard Drive
- EAGET 500 GB —- (NGN) 15,000 naira — (NGN) 20,000 naira
- EAGET 1 TB —– (NGN) 30,000 naira —– (NGN) 40,000 naira
- EAGET 2 TB —– (NGN) 38,000 naira —- (NGN) 50,000 naira
Seagate External Hard Drive
- Seagate 500 GB — (NGN) 9,000 naira —- (NGN) 11,000naira
- Seagate 1 TB —— (NGN) 16,000 naira — (NGN) 25,000 naira
- Seagate 2 TB ——- (NGN) 24,000 naira — (NGN) 32,000 naira
- Seagate 4 TB —— (NGN) 42,000 naira —-(NGN) 49,000 naira
- Seagate 6 TB ——- (NGN) 70,000 naira — (NGN) 88,000 naira
- Seagate 8 TB ——- (NGN) 79, 000 naira —(NGN) 100,000 naira
Toshiba External Hard Drive
- Toshiba 500 GB — (NGN) 12,000 naira — (NGN) 14,000 naira
- Toshiba 1 TB —— (NGN) 19,000 naira —- (NGN) 28,000 naira
- Toshiba 2TB —— (NGN) 30,000 naira —– (NGN) 38,000 naira
- Toshiba 3TB —— (NGN) 43,000 naira —– (NGN) 50,000 naira
Adata External Hard Drive
- Adata 500 GB —- (NGN) 12,000 naira — (NGN) 16,000 naira
- Adata 1 TB ——– (NGN) 24,000 naira — (NGN) 28,000 naira
- Adata 2 TB ——- (NGN) 30,000 naira — (NGN) 40,000 naira
Samsung External Hard Drive
- Samsung 500 GB — (NGN) 13,000 naira — (NGN) 18,000 naira
- Samsung 1 TB — (NGN) 18,000 naira — (NGN) 28,000 naira
- Samsung 2 TB — (NGN) 30,000 naira — (NGN) 45,000 naira
- Samsung 4 TB — (NGN) 43,000 naira — (NGN) 55,000 naira
- Samsung 6 TB — (NGN) 60,000 naira — (NGN) 70,000 naira
Transcend External Hard Drive
- Transcend 500 GB — (NGN) 13,000 naira — (NGN) 15,000 naira
- Transcend 1 TB — (NGN) 20,000 naira — (NGN) 40,000 naira
- Transcend 2 TB — (NGN) 33,000 naira — (NGN) 50, 000 naira
- Transcend 4 TB — (NGN) 45,000 naira — (NGN) 58,000 naira
- Transcend 6 TB — (NGN) 70,000 naira — (NGN) 85,000 naira
Western Digital External Hard Drive
- Western Digital 500 GB — (NGN) 10,000 naira — (NGN) 14,000 naira
- Western Digital 1 TB — (NGN) 16,000 naira — (NGN) 25,000 naira
- Western Digital 2 TB — (NGN) 25,000 naira — (NGN) 35,000 naira
- Western Digital 4 TB — (NGN) 38,000 naira — (NGN) 50,000 naira
- Western Digital 4 TB (With Cloud Storage Enabled) — (NGN) 130,000 naira
- Western Digital 6 TB (With Cloud Storage Enabled) — (NGN) 180,000 naira
- Western Digital 8 TB (With Cloud Storage Enabled) — (NGN) 220,000 naira
Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing An External Hard Drive
But before you head out and start shopping, here’s what to look for in an external hard drive.
Storage size. Before you even begin to think about buying a new hard drive, you need to evaluate your
- storage capacity needs. …
- Compatibility. …
- Portability. …
- Data Security….
Other Types Of External Hard Drives
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC
- Western Digital My Passport Ultra 4TB
- Samsung T5 SSD
- Adata SD700
- WD My Book Duo 4TB
- Buffalo MiniStation Thunderbolt
- Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Drive 5TB
- Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro
Storing absolutely everything on your PC can be handy if you have space to accommodate it all, but even if you don’t slow your Windows installation down to a halt, you’ll be running the risk of losing everything stored on the PC if you do not back up. The easiest (and most affordable) way of backing things up on your PC and hosting media files on the go is an external hard drive. This can come in the form of a traditional mechanical hard disk drive (HDD) or a new solid state drive (SSD).
On the things to look out for, just as you already know by now. Although depending on how much money you have to spend on an external drive (and whether you pick up an internal unit and an enclosure or pre-built unit), there are various factors and features that alter:
Speed — This not only relates to the type of interface (USB 2, USB 3, eSATA) but also rotation speeds in mechanical HDDs. Cheaper HDDs are 5200rpm, while more powerful 7200rpm drives will set you back a little more. SSDs are unaffected and vary depending on employed flash memory/technology.
Security — If you go for ready-to-use external drives, you’ll have many options to choose from. Some will offer a basic storage experience, while others pack in additional security measures like encryption, as well as software suites and more.
Durability — Should you require an external drive that can withstand a tumble (or few), you’ll need to opt for an offering that sports a rugged design and durable build to offer enhanced physical protection.