Codes for Recharging & Checking Balance of PrePaid Meter in Nigeria
Ever since the privatization of the power sector, There has been touches all around the country. With our pre-paid meter being the center of attraction. Using these meters, users are able to regulate their energy consumption while they recharge for more units with ease.
There are various ways your pre-paid meter can be recharged. A user should have a smart card which enables him/her to load, purchase, and sell power credit. This smart card can be configured at any disco office outlet near you.
If you are through with the configuration procedure, your smart card can then be used to recharge the electronic energy unit. The energy credit is recharged with a 20 digit pin code. In this article, there are five simple steps to recharge your prepaid meter with units and the codes to input for use.
- The first thing the consumer should do is to pay a visit to the dealer or disco office outlet near your area with your smart card.
- secondly, user presents the smart card that also has the user’s meter number.
- The user will be credited by the agent and then given a slip containing a unique 20 digit code with a receipt as proof of payment.
- Get home, and enter the 20 digit code through the UIU keyboard correctly on the LCD screen.
- If the token was entered correctly, the display on the screen will be “ACCEPT”. This means that the recharge is successful. If the display on the screen shows”REJECT” it means the code has been entered incorrectly.
If a user is not interested in making use of the 20-digit code, the smart code can be used to recharge the pre-paid meter too following these steps below.
- The place your pre-paid meter is located, open the card door of your monitor unit and carefully insert your smart card properly.
- Always ensure that the control box is connected to a power source to recharge.
- After inserting the smart card, a symbol like this “–” will be visible on the LCD screen. This means that the prepaid meter and card are synchronizing. Do not remove smart card while reloading is ongoing so as to not damage the pre-paid meter.
- Once unit loading is completed user will be notified on the LCD screen
Things to be on the Look out for while Loading the Pre-paid meter is Completed
- Total Credit Unit Used: Dial “07” on the keypad then the blue button, you will receive a reply shortly.
- Meter number : If you do not know your meter number, just dial “65” then the blue button and the meter number will be displayed and it is 11 digits in Number on the screen.
- Balance : To know your balance on the prepaid meter just dial “07” on the keypad followed by the blue button. your available balance will be displayed.
This is how to check your unit balance and recharge your prepaid meter.